NOTE: Following aftercare instructions precisely are critical to the healing and appearance of your eyebrow embroidery!
- Keep the area clean by using freshly washed hands and a mild, natural soap. Simply splash with water to rinse, blot dry with clean tissue. Do not use cleansing creams, acne cleansers or astringents for at least 7 days.
- Apply Aquaphor or cortisone cream with freshly washed hands or a q-tip. Use the cream sparingly, Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.
- Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment can be pulled out of place.
- Do not use any makeup near the procedure area including brow pencil, powder, pomade, concealer, foundation or wax, for at least 7 days after the procedure. It is best to disinfect all old makeup or buy new makeup to be used on or near the procedure site.
- Always use a sunblock after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
- Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Use ice packs for swelling and cortisone cream for scabbing and tightness.
- Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade and once swelling dissipates the unevenness usually disappears. If they are too dark or still uneven after 4 weeks, we will make adjustments during the touch up appointment.
- Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear. This can all be addressed during the touch up appointment and is why the touch up is necessary. The procedure area has to be completely healed before we can address any concerns. This takes at least 4 weeks.
Failure to follow aftercare instructions may result in infections, pigment loss or discoloration!
- Do not get lashed wet 2 hrs after procedure.
- Do not use spa, sauna, pool or steam shower 24 hrs after procedure.
- Avoid pulling at the lashes or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use lash curlers with your extensions. Proper application does not require them.
- Use only oil-free makeup wipes and practice proper hygiene by gently washing lashes with lash safe cleansers.
- Use only lash extension safe mascara, no oil-based or waterproof products.
- Blot lashes dry with a clean, dry towel if they get wet.
- Avoid the lash line when applying face products and makeup.
- Get your touch up every 3 weeks.
Aftercare for the Eyelash Lift is very simple.
- Do not allow eyes to come into contact with water 2hrs after the procedure.
- Use only OIL FREE makeup remover/wipes on the eye area.
Following these 2 aftercare steps will ensure the quality and longevity of your Lash Lift.